Innovation & Product Design
Scaling usability testing
What we were working on
A comparison and evaluations for effectiveness, scalability and feasibility of usability testing methods for complex enterprise software systems.
Find a way to increase velocity and scalability of usability testing at Pega.
What I did
- Defined goals
- Researched various technology solutions
- Identified a pilot project to use for comparison during the evaluation
- Built a click-prototype
- Planned, executed, performed, and completed a moderated usability study with 5 internal participants within a week, and an unmoderated usability study with 38 internal participants (48 hours across 8 time zones)
- Communicated findings, conclusions and recommendations to stakeholder
- Identified a scalable solution for conducting usability studies with click-prototypes
- Did not find a scalable solution for enterprise systems that require data heavy operations