Innovation & Product Design
Real-time event streams editor
What we were working on
An low-code editor enabling SQL users to filter out meaningful events for further processing in business applications.
Providing a simple method for SQL users to define conditions to detect events in real-time data streams, so that they can act as triggers for automated processes that enhance omni-channel customer experiences.
What I did
- Translate SQL data manipulation methods into visual metaphors
- Design original icons to represent the methods
- Align icon style with the style defined for the ETL editor I previously designed
- Defined color encoding for three distinct processing phases (I/O, and processing)
- Design layout algorithms for splitting and joining operations
- Designed interactions for gesture input on surface computers and touch devices
An intuitive method for capturing events relevant to the business for further processing in business applications.